The Pima JTED Foundation’s primary mission is to help students who demonstrate a financial need cover program expenses so that they may successfully enter the workforce and/or continue their post-secondary education. Funds may be used for, but are not limited to; supplies, books, equipment, uniform clothing and shoes, or other specialty items that are essential to completing a JTED program. Funds may also be used for certification testing and licenses if other JTED funds are not available.
- All high school seniors who are currently enrolled in a Career and Technical Education (CTE)/Pima JTED program are eligible to apply for this $5,000 scholarship. Speak with your high school counselor or check the programs and locations listed on our website if you need to confirm that your course qualifies you to enter. Judges are looking for entries from all programs.
- Videos must not exceed two minutes in length.
- Use an editing software to edit multiple scenes together.
- Use transitions when needed, they should not distract from your message.
- If using effects, keep them minimal, they should not distract from your message.
- Scenes need to be reasonably steady and well lighted.
- Audio should be clear and free from distracting background noises.
- Any music must be royalty free, be appropriate for the subject of the video, and be at a level that is not distracting from the video.
- Setting must be in a CTE/JTED classroom, lab, or workspace.
- Include multiple shots of students performing hands-on CTE/JTED activities
- Videos must address the following:The name of your CTE/JTED program.Your school or campus location.Why you are taking your CTE/JTED program.What skills do students learn in the program.How your CTE/JTED program is helping you achieve your goals for the future.Video must be narrated by the student.
- Print the attached Photo Release form, and complete one for yourself and have every person who appears in your video sign one. Parents or legal guardians must sign the forms of anyone under the age of 18.
- Download Photo Release Form
Submit your Video Entry
- Set up a YouTube page (or use your existing page if you have one) and upload your video.
- Copy the link to your video by using the “Share” button on your YouTube Channel upload.
- Scan or take photos of all your Release forms so you are prepared to upload them on the submission form below.
- Complete the form below and submit it before the deadline of Friday, May 3, 2019.
- Thanks to a generous donation by Ross Potoff Private Philanthropy, the JTED Foundation will award one scholarship for $5,000.
- The scholarship funds are only paid to the bursar or financial office of a post-secondary education institution: College, University, Community College, Junior College, or Technical/Trade School, and must be used within 18 months of the award notification.
- The 2019 winners will be announced on Friday, May 10, 2019, and the winner will be invited to be recognized at the Pima JTED Central Campus Completion Ceremony at the Kino Sports Complex on Friday, May 17.
- Video entries will become the property of Pima JTED and the winning entry will be highlighted on our website and social media channels.
In addition, the Pima JTED Foundation supports students and teachers at Pima JTED’s Central Campus and Satellite locations with a variety of scholarships, tuition reimbursement programs, and mini-grants.
The Pima JTED Foundation is a non-profit organization that operates independently of the Pima JTED District.