Deadline extended until September 1, 2020.
The Pima JTED Foundation’s Workplace Award winners will receive up to $1,500. Apply before April 17, 2020!
SME is offering a workplace award for students that have completed a JTED program in the following areas: Engineering – Aerospace and Mining Technology, Construction Technology, Heavy Equipment Operations, Welding, Mechanical Drafting, Automation/Robotics-Logistics, Optic, AI, Automotive Technology.
Rules of Participation for Pima JTED Foundation Scholarships
- Student must be a
Senior to apply
(Students who have finished a CTE JTED program earlier may submit an application during their Senior year)
- Letter of recommendation from instructor
- Student must be a concentrator in a Pima JTED (central or satellite program)
- Student should demonstrate participation in a CTSO or another community or leadership role
- Special consideration may be given for a student’s financial need
- All entries must be submitted on or before the April 17, 2020 deadline
- Students must list employer name and contact for verification of employment
Student essays will be reviewed and scored based on:
- The strength of your message about the CTE program and participation in the student organization (CTSO)
- Evidence of your accomplishment and growth as a student in that program
- List the work based learning you completed through the program
- Quality of the
finished written piece
Note to students: be sure to proofread your essay or have a trusted friend read it. Check your spelling and grammar.
These awards will be used for required tools, equipment, or uniforms for your employment.